Thursday, June 29, 2006

Waikiki, Honolulu.....HAWAII!!!!

Hi guys,
a really fast update directly from Hawaii!
Yesterday morning Marina gave me a lift to Los Angeles Airport, and then, after almost 3 weeks in California, I started again my world trip, destination Hawaii!
The weather conditions didn't seem to be good from LA, all the previsions said rain and cloud will be for all the week....instead, when I'm arrived (3pm, after a 5 hours flight!) the weather was amazing: 30 degree and sunny, just some clouds but not too many...
After one hour I was in the hostel, an amazing place, great people, much fun, good position! I've met soon some roommate really cool: Bratish, a malesyan guy with Indian origin, a couple from New Zeland, Giulia, an english girl, and later, another 2 London's girls, Amala and Zevina!
Just to look around, I've decided to run a little bit around Waikiki, so I went out for jogging with Bratish!
Then I remind that I was starving, so I start looking around for a cheap place where to eat hawaiian food but unfortunately at the end I've eat a burget!! :-(
Anyway, staying here is amazing, I really like "O'ahu", a lot of interesting things to do, maybe 5 days are not enough, we will see....

Yesterday night I've tried some amazing cocktail made with fresh fruits, then another tipical drink (made with roots of a particular tree) with some "drug-effect", but I've just tried, I haven't drink too much...so at midnight I just went to sleep (at the end for me it was 3am since I was coming from LA!)

This morning I've visit a waterfall, cool place, really nice, and now I think I'm going to relax a little bit on the beach!

What to say about Hawaii? This place has a 50-50 mixage of Asian-American, nice places to visit and explore (waterfall, surfers beaches, swimming with fishes in some areas, local dancers and musicians, Pearl Harlbor, etc...)
I'm just sad that I cannot visit the others island (ex. Maui) since they're quite far from here and the only connection is by flight, thus expensive! :-(

I'll try to write more, let's stay in touch and check any updates!

see ya

No comments: