Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Goodbye California...

Last week was more interesting since Marina was much more free so we have had the chance to visit a couple of places together and have fun!
During the week we played a lot tennis, good to start again some sport), we went together to the Universal City Walk again (but this time by night, much more funny), we visit Malibu beach and then spent the evening at Santa Monica!
Also, we went to Redeo drive, the most famous street in LA (all the major fashion companies are there, a sort of 5th avenue of new York!), then look around Beverly Hills (such amazing houses...), and finally I've took again some photos at Hollywood sign! :-)

Anyway, an overall of my California experience is definitively positive, in particular I appreciate the cheap transportation (perhaps it work quite well), the nice beaches of Santa Monica and all the south till San Diego. Also, I like the mix between spanish and english speakers (just like Miami), and of course all the bounce of producer around LA, everyday making some movies everywhere!
Don't forget also that California is the capitol about Technology...you can't understand my happyness seeing Apple products everywhere.... :-)

In particular, I reccomend to visit San Diego, which has change my opinion about California, until that moment quite negative....yes, there are also some bad aspects: first of all, I think the people here doesn't really now the words "fun and party"...everybody seems to be too much focused on their job...and if you think that you cannot drink until you're 21, and that your degree ends up at 23 years-old, you don't have too much time left to really enjoy the life!!!
Maybe I've got this opinion just because I've spent all the time with my friends and I haven't had the opportunity to meet different "Kind of" people....
Also, people here are used to eat all the time in restaurants/bars, they never cook home (I'm still shocked about jackie's house, since she never bought pot and pans before my arrive....): prices are around 12-20 dollars for meal, which is too much for my budget, even if I was living and working there (anyway, the supermarket are fucking expensive....) non si cucina mai, si usa uscire per mangiare fuori (10-15$) and also, that's a personal opinion, the food is areally shit!
The second restaurant where I've been I've had poison food and stomach problem all day, ingredients are sweets (even for tomato can), too much mix of strange ingredients, much better my lovely country where there are for sure less stuff but good stuff!!!! :-)
Another bad point against California is the fact that cities here are too spread, thus without a car there is not too much to do....

In general,it's common opinion that people expect more from Los Angeles and California in general, maybe just because all the movies show us the best of this country but they never show the truth! maybe I haven't seen the real LA but I think this city is a real "inculatura"!!!

Bye bye...

No comments: