Wednesday, June 21, 2006

San Diego!

After almost 2 weeks spent in Los Angeles I believed California was a really crap, I mean, nothing interesting to do and see, boring, not exciting except for few things…now, I think I have this impression of LA only because the way how I’m exploring the city is quite strange, maybe for somebody else this city is great and amazing….
Anyway, last weekend me and Marina planned to visit San Diego, 2 hours south of LA, pretty close to the Mexican border (that unfortunately I haven’t visited!); before arriving we stopped at UCI (University of California, Irvine) where I’ve spent 2 hours talking with Prof. Tsudik for having a Ph. D. over there (and actually this interview was positive, I think there are good chance to spend my next 3 years at Irvine!).
Anyway, after that we arrived to San Diego: this city is much more better than LA, I really like it, it’s completely different from any other cities that I’ve visited before! It’s still an LA style, with all the spread houses and different areas connected by main streets but, the city also has nice places with a sort of European style, a thus really cool and interesting to visit…just like “La jolla”, the first place we visited!
In one day we saw all the city (it’s not so big!): Pacific beach, Mission Beach (between those two beaches there is a cool street just on the beach where everybody go for walking or for ride bikes, rollerblade…..you know, the classic Californian movie, that’s why I like ti!), Ocean beack (where all the surfers are), Downtown (great for Saturday night!), etc…
Also, San Diego finally brings me out again during the night time, since in all those previous weeks I haven’t been out too much…
At the end of those couple of days in San Diego, I can say that this city is just like Miami, the only difference is that is situated on the West coast! Thus, just like Miami, I really liked it, good place where to live!

Finally, the last day we stopped in a small town between San Diego and LA, called Dana Point, famous local attraction, where there was an amazing beach, one of the best ever seen, and this time I finally “met” the Pacific sea!!!! Yes, I’ve tried to swim but it was impossible since there were such big waves that all the time push me out the sea! But it was great, I’ve never seen such high waves, really scaring when you’re at just 1 meter away and that you know that a second later you will be completely covered by it, also with a strong power that push you on the sea ground…really good experience! Unfortunately, the day after I was sick again!!! 

Now I’m back again in Pasadena, spending this last week before leaving to Hawaii (27th June) and then Australia! Plans are to visit Malibu on the weekend, Bel Aire in the next few days and, of course, support the Italian team on Thursday against Cesk Republic!

Andrea
x x x x x x x x

P.s: Now it became a normal routine: I've changed again my itinerary, this time drammatically since my last destination to London will be on 7th august instead of 6th September (I've reduced my world trip, too much money that I don't have and things to do when I'm back to italy!)

No comments: