Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A fast Update!

Dear friends,
Time to write for the blog is always hard to find….what to say about California??! Well, an overall of the “country” is not so positive: I don’t like at all Los Angeles, nothing interesting to do and see except if you have a lot of money to spend (not my case!)…luckily, the country side and other cities are much more interesting and nicer to see! I still remember my first night in LA, it was really cool but at the same time quite expensive (but luckily Jackie knew some friends to enter for free)….in particular, it was weird to see policeman arresting people that for me where just walking on the street: I think only that night I’ve seen 5-6 persons arrested….it was just like a movie (but it wasn’t!!!).
Anyway, after the first week in Downtown I moved all my stuff in Marina’s house, in Pasadena, north Los Angeles Here the life is more relaxing and I’m enjoying the time spending with Marina and her friends! I don’t know why but in this period I’m always sick (cool, fiver, ecc…) but when I was fine I have explored Hollywood, Santa Monica (amazing!), Melrose blv, UCLA, ecc…. nice places to visit once but, with the exception of Santa Monica, I don’t think someone want to come back there again! Perhaps I’m still waiting to swim in the Pacific sea since my healthy condition weren’t good enough yet!
Also, my friends are generally busy during the day thus I’m forced to visit the city by myself, shit!!!  But now things are getting better since Marina is much more free during the day time, allowing me to spend more time with her (playing tennis, doing things in the city, visiting places…)
Most of the time is spent my watching first the World Cup games (Italy is still first on our group, go Italy!!) and it’s funny to see all the time how different situation come up: the first game I was watching the match completely alone in Marina’s mother house (she doesn’t like soccer, of course!), then I’ve watched another game (Brasilian team) in a pub in Hollywood and here I’ve met some really strange people….then I’ve watched the second Italian game in San Diego (half game, I’ll explain you why later...)

And of course, if you’re in Los Angeles, is not hard to find a street or an area where people are making a movie! Wherever you go you always see videocamera and big truck containing all the needed stuff for make a movie, something amazing compared with other cities (only New York City has something like that)…last day I was walking of Melrose blv and without notice anything strange I was in the middle of a scene…then somebody kick me out! 

Some interesting news about computing that I want to let you know are those two service, myspace.com and the craiglist! The first one is a such popular service that everybody has an account (and now me included!), I think in Italy will arrive pretty soon as well….anyway, it’s nothing special, it’s just a desktop manager where to keep in touch with your friends, write e-mails, blogs, comments, ecc…
The other service, craiglist, was already discovered in New Jersey thanks to Susan: this website basically substitute eBay here in Los Angeles, plus it has good services like advertise jobs, dating stuff, etc… it exist for each major citi in U.S., check on google if your city has one!
Also, there is Skype that I hope everybody know: after have spent many dollars buying international phone card, I’ve decided to buy a Skypeout traffic, which allow me to contact my European friends using the PC (also, I can call for free in all US and Canada!!!), and this my choise was such a good thing, it’s so cheap and it work fine!

Ok, let me go, I’ll write something about San Diego later…

Andrea

No comments: