Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Strange weather...

After a bad day in Macau (all day raining, no too many things to visit, but the weather is not the only responsible), perhaps interesting to have seen St. paul's ruins and A-Ma temple (fantastic chinese letters written in teh walls!), I've tooka f erry and I came back in Kowloon (HK). Here I've had the best night in Hong Kong! I've first met again Michelle and their friends, then we have had a good dinner, then we wnet to Lan Kwai Fong!
I think I should visit this place days before and not just at the end! Compared with Mongkok, where there is the chinese nightlife, this place is more populated my tourist (maybe too many): before to have seen this place I believed that Hong kong wasn't so busy of tourists...and istead last saturday night was packed, full of Western people! Anyway, the night was great since we found a beer festival in this area, thus we started drink pretty early and we get really drunk....I really have to say thanks to Ken to have filmed most of the night, now I have really good memories, nice photos and movies!

the day after I spent almost all morning to recover, then I went to Sham Shui Po, considered the main place where to buy electronic device! And in fact, I bought a fake iPod nano for just 34 euro!!!! And it also works fine!!! :-)
Anyway, after that I met Michelle and her laptop: I borrowed it for almost two hours, backing up all my data again and to try to understand how to use the new MP4 player!

Later, we met again Ken&co. and all together we went in a rustic hong kong place trying the real tipical and traditional food, really good!! I'm so happy to have spend all the week with those people, really cool and completely different mentality with the chineses!

Then we moved for a dessert at Saitung town, a seavillage, but don't forget to avoid the "dorian", a really shit fruit, considered the King of the fruits, but it really smell...it smell so much that the place where we went has two different section: not smoking or not smoking, but dorian eating or not!!!!!

On the way we also find a basketball court and thus we arranged a couple of games at "21" (I won both the 2 times!) and "campana"!

And with that my last night in Hong kong was done! Next day I left for Thailand, so excited to came here that I've bought at the airport a guide that now I'm still trying to read...impossible since this city is so nice and interesting that it will be a shame to stay all day reading instead of just exploring!!!

News about the airport: everything was fine but when I'm arrived at the immigration desk I've spent 45 minutes on the queue, too much time, I think I choose the wrong line....I'm starting having a Syndrome of the Queue, all the time I think the other lines are faster!!!!

Take care my friends, next post will be about Thailand!

Andrea
x x x x x x x x x

No comments: