Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Italy in final!

This post in completely dedicated to the italian team!
I just came back from the pub (in Sydney!)...I woke up at 4.45 and at 5am I was ready to suffer with other italian and german people this semi-final!
I don't know why but in the hostel 90% of the people are germans, really, I'm not joking, there are so many of them...my room for example have 3 germans and me! :-(
Of course, I'm the only italian in all the hostel...but fortunaly in the pub I've found some other italians! The game was quite quite during the 90 minutes, then when we started shooting 2 post with Gilardino and Zambrotta we started shouting and enjoying much better the game...until we finally scored! Yes, even this time no penalty kick for Italy (just to remind, with the exception on Korea where we lost at the golden goal, all the previous World Cup since 1990 Italy was kicked out with penalty kick).

Now I'm very very happy, I'm pretty sure today it will be an amazing day and tomorrow I wanna wake up again early to watch the other semi-final! Also, I'm already thinking about Melbourne, where I will be next friday and where I will watch the game together with other 30% of the total Melbournbe population (that is how many italians live in Melbourne!), I'm already excited for that, I hope to find some maxi-screen on some big plaza and support all together the italian team (at 4am, which means that probably this time I'm not going to wake up earlier but just staying out all night!)

Greetings from Sydney

Andrea

No comments: