Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Last days in New York...

Let's start from tuesday night, NBA game, Nets against Indiana, 2-2 the current score! What a great night, for a basketball fans as me watching an NBA game was great, really cool! We've payed for the cheapest ticket, then we moved in more expensive seats for free (basically we just waited to see where there were free seats and then we have been there expecting to have that seats!!! :-)
At the end the score was 87-82 for the Nets, and I'm happy that they won, now they're on the second round (they won the series 4-2) and they've to play against Heat Miami!
Anyway, something that really immpressed me about U.S. is about security: even at the NBA game it wasn't allow to take photos or movie, it was against the copyright...something that I've never seen in an italian soccer game!!! More serious, it's sad to see policy checking my videocamera if there were photos made from any bridge of new york!! Yes, they've controlled my camera since they saw me taking photos: it's not allow anymore after 11th Semptember!!! (Anyway, they didn't found any photos since I've deleted them as soon as possible before to show them the memory card...)
The next few days I've had relaxing days spending with Franco and Anna, in particular the last night with Anna was cool since we tried to get in at Cobacabana but then we went to "The View", a nice bar in Times Square, famous since you can see all New York from a mobile platform, routing around one of of the bigger skyscraper in Manhattan! Cobacabana is completely crap, they don't have any web site and thus they haven't put any advice about the fact that thursday night was rent for another private event! :-(
After The View we went (me, Anna and a scottish guy, Conor) in a club called "H Hotel", really cool but a little bit expensive! Nice girls as well but without the right people to pick them up.....
And thus, after a really sportive driving to the airport (made by Concezio, Franco and Anna 's father) I've arrived to JFK airport, ready to leave definitively New York...and instead, another funny problem came out: after the check-in I've been to the departure gate but the metal detector stopped me for more than 10 minutes....but not for any metal stuff, no, for the stupid cop working there! First, they scanned my bag with my Mac inside and they said me it wasn't allow since the laptop must be scanned in a separated box. Then, after have scanned both bag and laptop, they asked me my boarding card, card already showed 3 times before to arrive at that point and that so I believed that never asked me anymore, and finally, they made a full check of my body: they controlled everything, I don't know what they were looking for, I was the unique one which have had a such long control......but at the end everything was fine, I was laughting with the cop and I gained access to the duty free zone! Montreal, I'm coming......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»