Saturday, May 20, 2006

All the news about Miami!!!

Hi friends,
let's update my blog with news from Florida (South beach, Miami, Hollywood and Dania)!
Let's describe day by day...

17th May:
I've arrived to miami around 10am, then I've spend 10 minutes trying to understand how this fuc&&^% airport works, then I was waiting for my friend Dino to pick me up....
At the end, I've decided to take a bus and go to an hostel in South beach (9th st and washinghton ave.), really cool area! Few days later, I regret to haven't wait Dino...
Anyway, after have met all the other guys in the room, a franch guy Nicolas and an Irish Sean, we went all together watching the Champions League final..Barcellona FC won!
The first night I was quite tired so I haven't do too much!

18th:
I left my laptop working all night in order to finish a DVD that I've created with all my movies and photos made in Cadana, really cool (Chimene already has a copy right now!)
This really first day in miami was spent completely on the beach and pool, together with a black guy, Jean, really strange person....
Anyway, in the evening I finally met Dino and his wife Emily, and together with his friends Dave we went out for a dinner...what a dinner!!! For sure, something that a traveller as me couldn't affoard!
Then they bring me out and they show me Miami...in particular, I was really impressed about this scene: Dave was driving and he said to me: "Look this fake police car!" What?? Yes, he stopped really close to the police car on the border of the street and he pointed inside saying: "have you seen? It's a fake policeman..UN MANICHINO!".
What the police do here is to put some car in streets where people go fast, so that everybody slow down when they see the police!! Amazing idea, isn't it?
Anyway, the night was really crazy, we went first to a kareokee club, then to a cool night club.... I can't say anything else, censured, sorry! Ma che portoricana...

19th:
I slept at Sandy's house, which is a Dino's friend and which is the guy that have spent the most of the time in miami with me! Basically Dino introduced him to me and he recommended him to show me everything about Miami and take care of me!!
The first thing that we did was to coming back to the hostel, take all my stuff and bring them to Sandy's house, my new residence for Miami!
I've had really bad surprise at the hostel when back, but it's better to don't talk about this episod now, let's carry on!
We were driving a BMW coupe (borrowed from Dino, of course!) and we went to the beach, then I've met the french guy, have had a dinner with him and then we went to met Sandy at Taverna Opa, a famous bar in South Beach where to drink and have fun...expecially Nicolas have had fun...he pick up a 250lb girl!!! :-)
When Sandy finished work, we left Nicolas and we when in Hollywood, just up to Miami, and we met his wife and Andrea, a latin girl (yes, she has the same name!!)
All together we went to Spice, a really cool latin place, since I've asked them to bring me in a salsa club, where to dance all night!!
Notice: I like Miami because clubs doens't have a time to close like in Boston, NYC or Montreal! In florida they have the same italian rules, that's good, stay here remind me Pescara, a city close to my town where I'm used to go in the summer for clubbing!

20th, saturday:
For my first time, I went in a beach for only nudist people, really funny but at the end I haven't really enjoy it, I believed there were more young girls... :-(
Just before, we went to the airport for change my reservation (instead of leave the 21, the day after, now I'm leaving the 26th!), so now I can stay longer in Miami!
At lunch, we went in a chinese buffet restaurant, amazing for the price and for infinity different kind of food they offer!
The evening was spent with Dino, at Mike's place, a friend of him which organizes a party for his fresh graduated sons!
Then, before going sleep, I went with Sam and Pasquale again to Taverna Opa to see Sandy, I've a nice macedonian girl, Tania, and then we went sleep, too drunk to keep going that night!

21th:
After a nice breakfast made by Aime, Sandy's wife, we went in a market called "Swap shop", quite popular here in America (or florida only)!
We bought some stuff at really cheap prices, then we went to the beach and here we met two amazing guys, Gloria (puertorricheƱa) y Ernesto (mexicano), and then we went all together in a greek party organizes by Sam (really really good food…and I don’t want to remind all the time, drink included!!!)

22th monday:
After a long slept, I went with Sandy around the city to buy some stuff, then we met Fabrizio, a naples guy really cool (a brother!), then we went for dinner in a club called Tantra, fucking expensive! So we left quite earlier and before going to bed we stopped in a greek bar, nice place in Hollywood!

23th: All day spent to recovery and reorganize all my information on PC, nothing really special expect for the evening, when we called Gloria and we watch a cool movie called “The Mambo Kings” that I really would like to see months ago (in the movie there is the “reina” Celia Cruz!)
Before going sleep I’ve also wrote enough postcards for everybody…ok, the first half of my friends, I still have to send more postcards but from others places!

24th: Always with Sandy, we woke up early and we went straight to south beach, first to the police office, then to “Mango”, a really famous place in South Beach for dance salsa in the evening…but we went there only for lunch….notherless, I’ve dance salsa as well, the only on the dance floor with a waitress!!! I really like this sort of “Carribean” city since it was only lunch but there was an orchestra playing latin music, that’s great!!!! After lunch I went first to Nicky beach, then Taverna Opa, then the Skywater (is it the correct name for this amazing sport?), finally relax a little bit at home in the pool, before to have one of the best night in Miami: the Sam’s goodbye party! I can’s really enter in all the details but basically we first went out for a nice dinner (another Greek restaurant), then in a RED LIGHT party!!! That’s it, it’s enough, I just remember that at around 5am in the morning I’ve drive Dino’s car (an amazing BMW) for bring him home and thus I slept in his apartment…

The day after, the 25th, my last day in Miami, I’ve helped Dino to set up his brand new Acquarium (after have slept all the morning), then I chilled out at home and slowly slowly packaging again everything, waiting for the next day to leave for my next destination…PUERTO RICO!!!

See ya

xxxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»