Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Last days in the North...and in Thailand!

Another fast update (this period I've plenty of time to waste!):
two days ago I've went to the Golden Triangle by bicycle! Yes, after left Mae Sai and arrived to Chiang Saem (here in the north all the cities begin with "Chiang"), I've agreed with a guesthouse to pay 100B to rent a bike, storage my luggage and to have a shower when back (since the city wasn' interesting at all, I've decided to come back in Chiang Rai before evening...). Thus, I've visit this area famous in the past for a big opium production (now you can see a museum and a "park"), nothing interesting....perhaps I haven't seen the museum since in the middle of a huge hill I've broken the pedal of my bicycle so I've decided to come back in advance....and I was really lucky since 10 minutes after I came back the Monsoon season remind me of its presence!!! (1h with a strong storm!)
Thus, after the 40B to arrive in Chiang Saem, I've spent another 30B to come back to Chiang Rai: here I've found a good weather and a cheap accomodation, a little bit far from the centre! I think that day was the day of the bicycle: the resort offers a free rental bike and since it is located far from the main centre, for the second time in one day I've rent a bike!

Nothing interesting to do in Chiang Rai, so I've cutted my hair first (50B, 1 euro, crazy price!) and then I've had a 2hours body massage for another 200B, the cheapest place found in Thailand! After that I've visited the night bazaar but after Chiang Mai I'm not interested in market anymore...I've bought everything when I was there!!!

Yesterday instead it was a whole day trip! After a good meal and have collect my clothes from the laudry, I've moved again to Chiang Mai (another 4hours) and then I've catch at the last minute a train to Bangkok, leaved at 4.30 and arrived in Bangkok this morning at 6.25....yes, more than 14 hours!!! Unfortunately it was the only sure chance to arrive here early in the morning, forced to do it in order to arrive on time at the indian Embassy and take this visa for Bombay!

My plans now are to chill out around here (maybe I will buy an hamoock), waiting to visit this new and last country, India, before to come back in Europe!!!

See ya

No comments: