Monday, August 14, 2006

Ko Pha Ngan and Full Moon Party!

This post is exclusively reserved for this first island that I've found on this long way exploring the south of Thailand!
To arrive here I've spent 600 bath (12 euro) and it tooks 18 fucking hours to arrive here (sorry for the bad word)!!! Anyway, if I knew before how this island was, I didn't care to spend even 2 days to arrive here!
The place is absurd: amazing beaches, few small town and great people! Even if prices are a little bit more expensive, staying here in Pha Ngan is absolutely great, happy to have spent 5 days here!
With my Sri Lanka frien Channa and the english Pamela and Davina (met in Hawaii months ago!), we rent a room in Thong Sala, waiting for the big event of the island, two days later, at Had Rin!

The town hasn't anything special but we rent a motorbike (manual gear) and we explore the whole island in less than 3 hours driving!!! Of course we stopped many times, first to watch some elephants, then to chill out and play fresbee in a beach in the north of the island, then we tried to find a waterfall but we've just driven in really dangerous streets for ages! Anyway, an overall of the day was really positive and everybody loves the island!

But as I said, in a day you can visit all the island so there were no point to stay longer after the "FULL MOON PARTY", one of the biggest event here in Thailand (www.fullmoonparty-thailand.com). All the backpackers know about it (I've heard about it only 3-4 days before, fortunately on time to book a ticket and arrive there a day in advance). The party is on the beach, at Had Rin, an amazing place populated only by tourist loving for good electronic music (but there are many bars on the beach and some of them also play RnB and other shit like that!).

Anyway, the party of course was a great success! People said there were 7000 people dancing till 8am (me included of course!) and then others also went to an afterparty around there (but I've prefered to drive Pamela and Divina back home, staying in 3 on the motorbike....police doesn't exist here, it seems to be in Naples!). I don't really remember at all the night, too drunk (I've a gap between 2 and 5, if someone knows what I did and where I was I would be happy to know!)...not joking, I've got some photos with people met on the boat to arrive in this island and I still don't remember to have seen them that night...I should stop drinking....

I will post some photos about Had Rin and the party, absolutely to see! Anyway, the day after we recovered all the energy, then friday we went to Had Rin again, this time with all out luggages (it was supposed to be not busy anymore and thus we have found some bungalow where to stay). Here, we found new power and energies and we liked so much the nightlife that we spent 2 more days (two great nights, of course!)

Then I've decided to move to Ko Samui (another island next to Ko Pha Ngan, where I'm writing now), but not because I get bored of the island, it just that I don't have more time to visit the rest of the south,shit! If you're planning to visit thailand check the previous website and try to be on this island during this full moon party, an experience absolutely to do!

Now I'm in Ko Samui, considered more advanced than Ko Pha Ngan...yes, if fact I can bargain again and have shopping! The town Chaewang looks like a small Bangkok, but unfortunaly in this period there are really too many italians and israel people (it reminds me that this is the month where italians are used to travel for vacation).

Last night was cool, Channa (the sri lanka guy) is really crazy and with people like him is impossible to don't have fun, let's have look some photos later and you will see!

Next post will be maybe about Ko Phi Phi, where Leonardo Di Caprio makes the movie "The Beach", but it's also one of the island hitted by Tsunami on 2004!

See ya

Andrea
xxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: