Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sydney!

Half of my world trip is now done! Australia represent the half-way since now I've to visit all the Asian area and then go back in Europe!
The city is pretty cool, I'm just sad to have visit it during this period, Winter, and without have spent here a weekend (I arrived on monday and left friday morning!)
Anyway, the place where I slept was cool (full of german people and during the same period Italy beaten them in the semi-final...), it's called "The palm backpackers" if you're around here have a look!
I think 2 of the 4 nights spent here were enought to visit all Sydney (of course you need more days if you wanna see something outside the city as for example the blue mountains...): The Opera House & Royal Botanic garden, the big bridge next to it (I forgot the name) and some main street in the centre as Pitt st., that's it, nothing else to see! Ops, I forgot the Darling Harbour, cool place to stay for the nightlife (but again, during the winter is not so busy...)
The other two days were spent respectively at Mainly beach and Bondi beach, this last one really cool, an amazing place to visit and film (you can walk for miles on the coast, up to big rocks and watching surfers...)!
One day I've also worked for a forniture company, just to rise up my finance....it's cool to see those companies looking for backbackers for temporary jobs! Good money for hald day of work, then relax in Bondi!

One day I've also met Rowena, an australian friend met last year in London (we studied together at Royal Holloway): we went together in Mainly, we have had a lunch next to the sea and then she left for Melbourne (unfortunately we haven't see each others over there) and I came back with the ferry, really good to take other photos.

And now let's talk about Melbourne!

No comments: